Taking a collaborative, solution-focused approach to therapy
People pleasing, not good enough, comparing myself to others, insecure, uncertain, deeply flawed. Despite being a therapist I have felt all of these feelings. My 20s had many ups and downs as I navigated my way through life. I earned a few degrees, became a workaholic, changed careers, suffered through a toxic relationship, traveled to figure things out and went through many heartbreaks. So yeah, I get it.
My 30s came with its own set of challenges – caring for my father with Parkinsons and my mother who suffered a stroke, marriage, kids, being a full time working mom, buying a home, moving to a new neighborhood and making friends as an adult, and starting a business. It hasn’t been easy but it’s been rewarding.
Hi, my name is Nadyne.
I’m a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of New Jersey. I specialize in helping women, couples, and teens learn how to live richer, more meaningful lives.
While I take a warm, collaborative approach to therapy, I also like to keep it real; am relatively direct, and tend to (compassionately) call it as I see it.
Like so many, I’ve been through a lot in my life and often wish someone was there for me when I needed it. My interest to overcome my own hardships played a role in why I became a therapist and that I use what I learned to help empower others as they navigate similar challenges. I love helping people and providing others the types of support they need the most.
I look forward to connecting with you and learning how I can support you in healing past wounds and designing a life filled with more ease, joy, and meaning.
With me, you can expect solutions intended to meet you where you are, and help you progress with ease.
You may be struggling with:
- Shame and self-doubt
- Worthlessness and low self-esteem
- Anxiety, depression, and stress
- Relationship conflict
- Challenging life transitions
- Parenting stress
- Work or occupational conflicts
- Healthy Boundaries
- People Pleasing
- Personal Values & Fulfillment
- Healthy Relationships
- Breakup Recovery
- Toxic Relationships
Methods I may use to help:
- Client Centered Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Trauma Focused Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Education and specialty training:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the State of New Jersey, LPC #37PC00561200
- Level 3 trained in The Gottman Method
- Level 1 & 2 Certified Gottman Method Couples Therapy, The Gottman Institute
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) for Anxiety and Depression Training with Dr. Russ Harris
- Medical University of South Carolina – Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) Certificate Training; Montclair State University, dual BAs, 2002; Kean University, Masters in Counselor Education, 2008.